Monday, June 14, 2021

Poems Of Ranjit K. Sahu

 

Ranjit Sahu, was born in India and is a doctorate in biotechnology. At present he is employed as a Research Associate in the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA. He is an artist painting using oil and acrylic as media. His interests include portraits and landscapes as well a mother natural elements. He has recently developed an interest n photography. He has published three collections of poemsf in English ( 2005: A Year of Love (2005) and Drunk (2006) ) , volume in KDP (Bits of Childhood). And comapnion (2008). He also has published a volume of poems in Hindi ( Kuch Lamhe Kuch Jazbaat

(Some moments some feelings) 2014). His first collection of Odia poems, "Raati" was published in 2017 with another in 2019 (Jeebanara Sourabah).. He is a free lance columnist and writes semi- technical articles for various magazines other than his routine research Presently he is working on several volumes of poems with different themes in English and Odia. He has traveled to different countries and included this experience in his collection of poems titled “ Drunk”. His forth coming collection of poems is “ The

Bronx to Boston and Back", a collection of English poems in free verse.

Ranjit K. Sahu, currently residing in Charlottesville, is a free lance, self taught artist who uses oil and acrylic media. His past works had been exhibited in the ‘Whimsical Winter Wonders’ events held during 2017 and 2016 at the Poe Park Centre, The Bronx, New York. He also had a solo exhibition of his arts in 2017 in Bhubaneswar, India.

Apart from his profession (Medical research), he is a published poet, author, short story writer and a columnist writing in English, Hindi and Odia (Mother tongue) and a Photographer.        (Presented by: Jatinder Aulakh)

A Dreamy night

 This never ending fire is misspelled love,

Buried so deeply in the hearts within,

It Erupts as required for its behove,

Burning the marrow penetrating skin.

I listen to my heart beats growing loud,

As the flames of passion entangle me,

Which volcano can be doused by a cloud,

However dark and clammy the cloud maybe?

In the silence of the night I despair,

To be clad in another dream of yours,

to drown in illusions of playful care,

The stealthy sea breeze kissing me indoors.

The clock tiicks its way as the blue hour slips

Night paints love on my body from your lips.

 

Silent cravings

 Never was a desire sown deep in me,

To explore a person’s body and mind

What spell you cast using what sorcery

I know not nor would like to ever find

Only under this trance I dare to scour

My inner most self as I care probe yours

Craving for your presence hour after hour

To give my love a direction and force

Impaled on the thorns of uncertainty

Life agonizes in lanes of silence

When the full moon forces its glow mighty

I essay with your heart my heart’s alliance

With raw emotions having made a smutch

In every inch of my skin, through your touch.

 

Sea side Soliloquy

On loneliness shall this I boldly say,

Its my path to your love and memory,

There isn’t much left in the vast world today,

Misery of life and death, old story.

Lonely moments help me fathom life,

And relish innocent love in your heart,

Beyond that lies but a mortal’s strife,

Bewteen a man's body’s end and its start.

As my feet squelch the tide's rolling sand,

Horizons melt into darkness at dusk,

I wander in thoughts to a never land,

wind Redolent with your aeonian musk.

Silence tosses your intense thoughts to me,

Echoing your warm breathe in voice of the sea.

 Love happens

 To define love or not to define,

you need to see, think and analyze,

But love often is a blind ravine,

Where you flow low as your emotions rise.

He who judges men before love, fails;

He who scales his feeilngs also misses

Not on stone are written all love tales,

Some are inscribed in touches and kisses

The sun , the moon, the stars, sea and the sky,

Each in love may have its own part to play,

But there never is a how, what or why,

Love happens when it happens in its way

Love necessitates union of hearts,

And your first kiss to me has played its part.

No comments:

Post a Comment