Friday, May 29, 2015

My Travels -Christine Hamez



Europe
I went often in Great Britain. I visited South of England. I even was a guide during 6 weeks in Canterbury Cathedral. Canterbury is the head of Church of England. I was with two Italian seminarists
The year after, I went to their ordination. We visited Rome, Venetia and Firenze. During two days for the ordination of Pietro, we ate the same meal. For Angelo in Bergamo, all of the village was happy. It was decorated. His father was growing  ‘chrysanthemums’, we put them in cemetery for dead people, the second day of November, the dau for people death. Firenze was so beautiful. You  had just to put your head up and see the ceiling painted.
France
With my parents, the scouts I visited France. My favourite roofs
were Burgundy with their decorated roofs. I like also Perigord with its grots and Goufre de Padirac . Rocamadour was a nice place too. People go up there kneeled sometimes. There are a lot of steps. We went also in Provence, the most beautiful for my mother is les Baux de Provence. Around it’s orange because of the bauxite and it’s in the top of the hill.
In Merlimont, near home it’s the sea. It’s the family home.
With my family, my husband and my children, I went to the Pay Basque. It’s like my paradise on earth. When I was in Anglet, near Biarritz, the city of Eugenie, the wife of the emperor Napoleon III;
 Benelux
I often went in Belgium, specially in Quievrain. My grand mother was born there. To go to Quievrain was the first time I took the train.. It’s called Belgian door. It’s the first city in Belgium where they are speaking Walloon, nearly the same as French.
I also visited  Bruges, the city of my ancestors,
Van AckerI was in Brussels too
Holland
We went often in a place won to the sea to do fun board. We were in tent and afterwards in caravan.
We made barbecue, meat in oven outside and went to a nice swimming  pool.
USA
I went to USA too. I wanted  to be a cosmonaut, remembrance of 1969 when the first man went to Luna. But when I went there I visited the air and space museum. I saw Apollo. It was too small. My dreams went away. So I tried to be an engineer. I became it when I was 35- a dream for my father and grandfather.
Africa
Iwent to weddings’travel in Algeria. What was fantastic the different kinds of desert and arriving to an oasis after a long time of deserts
I visited Egyot the pyramids and swam in the red sea. I saw lovely blue fishes.
I went with my parents, my brother and sister and sister and our family to Tunisia and Kenya. I collect elephants so what a pleasure to see all these animals ( zebras, giraffes elephants and so on )
The only time, I went to Asia was in Turkey. We didn’t have a nice weather.
I went to Greece with school. We visited the ancient greek civilization. Delphes was beautiful.
My last trip was in Corfou Island. And his social committee from his job. I spent a nice time. We had different kinds of food. We ate in  Chinese, Italian and greek restaurants
I’m a traveler. I’m Sagittarius in zodiac sign. And once at work it was said that I love traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment